Since Kmart did not initially dominate many of its markets, it could not develop its distribution system effectively. Many of the shelves in its stores were empty or held items that were not selling. Kmart lost to other retailers because it did not invest in the right technology and logistics, putting the company in a position where it would never catch up. The final nail in Kmart's coffin was its slow adoption of e-commerce as more and more customers turned to the internet for their needs. They failed to make the technological investments in their company that would have enabled effective supply-chain management, which would have allowed for effective inventory control and items in stock. Customers were left disappointed and had poor shopping experiences because of this, especially regarding advertising products. It does not appear that they can locate any key strengths that would attract customers or potential shareholders, given that it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and the once-loyal customer has switched to its rivals. Kmart needs to focus on its private brand labels—Martha Stewart Every day, Jaclyn Smith, Disney, and Sesame Street—and a value-for-money proposition for all its products—their most substantial competitive advantage. You will be able to maintain your growth and profitability if you have a clear understanding of your customers' shifting requirements and a consistent message to convey to employees as well as customers.
· Supply chain distribution, Kmart did not effectively develop its distribution system because it did not dominate many of its markets. In its stores, many racks were exposed or contained stock that wasn't selling.
· Utilization of information technology, Kmart didn't overlook data innovation. However, despite significant investments in IT, Kmart never utilized its technology to its full potential.
· In contrast to Walmart and Target, Kmart did not define its target market. The company suffered because it failed to appeal to a specific demographic, despite having bargains. Kmart tried to appeal to everyone, but it became uninteresting and lacked an identity.
Question: please provide a one page recommendation for addressing the strategic concerns you identified above.
*You might provide execution keys, explain how your recommendations address the
strategic concerns you identify, or why you chose your recommendations*
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25